the floating librarian

the floating librarian

Thursday, November 27, 2014

On heading home and Things


Things I haven't done in 3 months

  • Cooked
  • Washed dishes
  • Cleaned, vacuumed, scrubbed
  • Made my bed
  • Washed laundry
  • Driven a car
  • Mowed the lawn
  • Kept an electronic calendar
  • Watched TV
  • Attended library meetings


Things I haven't missed in 3 months

  • All of the above


Things I will miss after Semester at Sea

  • Waking up in a new place every day
  • The ocean. Every day.
  • Colleagues working quietly in Glazer Lounge
  • Colleagues dancing riotously in Glazer Lounge
  • The happy sounds of college students in the halls (until 11 pm)


Things I look forward to at home

  • Waking up in my own bed every day
  • Walking in the woods
  • Alone time
  • Hugging my own son and daughter
  • My cat padding down the hall

No comments:

Post a Comment